Challenges at Let's Capture Our Memories!

Hi!

I've been working on several challenges taking place in March at
Let's Capture Our Memories. The first two were scraplifts of two different people. I use sketches all the time, but I find that scraplifting is more challenging, for some reason or other. This one was scraplifted from Nicole Nowosad. It's a layout about the best kitties ever, Sable and Chipper. They're both gone now, but they will always be the best kitties I've ever had! On her layout, Nicole had sewn columns of circles. I decided to swap those for hearts, which was fitting for my page.



This second one was lifted from
Wendy Sommers. It was a beautiful layout with lots of colors and layering. Although the colors are different, I used vibrant colors also. It's the gorgeous Italian Garden at Butchart Gardens in Victoria, B.C.



Finally, this last one was from the sketch blog,
Let's Capture These Sketches. It's about the carriage ride we took on our last day in Acadia National Park, in Maine last summer. The horses made me think of the country, so I wanted lots of texture on my page. I used some burlap (which came from a nursery, believe it or not! (to cover outdoor plants in the winter) and some leftover denim scraps from my mom's stash of old fabrics!



That's it for now! I'm working on my next project for
Scrap Your Crap (for April) and it's a real challenge! It's going to be a fun one! Don't forget to drop by Let's Get Sketchy for some fun challenges too! There's also a blog hop that will take place at Scrapbooking from the Inside Out on March 9th. You should check it out!

Have a creative rest of the week!

Martine

2 Response to "Challenges at Let's Capture Our Memories!"

  1. angie ashuk Says:

    Great layouts!!! They all look amazing. I'm a fan of Nicole's, so it was nice to see what other people do with the inspiration:)

  2. Mary Jo Says:

    Such great layouts, Martine!!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails