A Couple of New Layouts!

Hi there!

It feels great to be scrapping again! This weekend I played along with an online crop at
Scrapbooking from the Inside Out. It's a site that promotes personal journaling on layouts. I completed two challenges.

This is my first page, for the "Free Your Heart" challenge. We had to journal about something that holds us back. I came up with this {Letting Go} layout, with a recent picture and one of me when I was 6 years old. I have misconceptions about myself that I made when I was little and that I still hold true. They hold me back so I need to let go of them! As a design twist, we had to do some misting. I used "Tattered Leather" Glimmer Mist with a butterfly mask, then stamped the butterfly in black over it. I misted the heart with "Candy Apple" Glimmer Mist, then added Diamond Glaze to give it that glazed look. You can't tell from the picture, but I added Perfect Pearls to the chipboard bird for a bit of shine. The layout is based on one-page sketch #11 by
Sketch Support.



My second page was done for the "What Matters Most" challenge. It might seem strange that I chose to do it "on being a cat mom", but my kitties truly are important in my life. It is also one of the only aspects of my life where I feel absolutely happy, accomplished and confident in. The design twist was to add some stitching, so I got out my new sewing machine and stitched the pieces of papers on the background page. I like the look! (And I'm amazed that a "non-sewer" like myself actually started to sew on her layouts! Yay!) I kept the embellishments to a minimum. I loved those gorgeous papers from My Mind's Eye, and felt they didn't need much added to them.



The page is based on this sketch from
Scrapbooking From the Inside Out.



You should go check out their
site. It's very unique and interesting! You can also participate in the online crop until Wednesday November 16th. And if you stop by their blog here, you'll find one of my layouts featured, along with amazing layouts by other members!

Stop by again tomorrow for the first reveal of
Scrap Your Crap! It's going to be good!

Happy scrapping!


Martine

1 Response to "A Couple of New Layouts!"

  1. Jenifer Evans aka jennaroo Says:

    So cute!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails